Cute Ballard Bungalow for Two
Our home is small and cozy. We have a comfortable living room where you can relax - read a book, have cocktails, or just watch Netflix in your pajamas. The neighborhood has many exceptional places to eat and drink, but if you like to cook, you are more than welcome to use the kitchen. We have a dining table and a small breakfast bar. There is only one bedroom that accommodates two just perfectly (there is a brand new Leesa mattress!). This space is best for couples or single travelers.
Our home is located in Ballard, the northwest part of Seattle. The location is fantastic, as there are many of the most notable restaurants and bars around (as well as places to get groceries in case you want to cook your own meals). This is a laid-back residential area, but everything you could want is within a short walk (or Uber, for the ultimate convenience). There is even a meditation center in the same block! For beer and wine, the selection at QFC (grocery store) is just a 10 minute walk. And if you are interested, Herb's House is about a 20 minute walk and has all of your "green" needs covered.
There are buses that stop about 2 blocks away from home. You can reach downtown (going south), and the Woodland Zoo (going east) in about 35 mins. You can also transfer by bus to the light rail to get to the airport. It is not impossible to move around the city using public transport, but it is much faster if you go by car. We also recommend using Uber or Car2Go for the ultimate in convenience. We use both services ourselves quite frequently. :)
Other things to note
Please remember that you will be staying in a home, not a hotel. Therefore, we ask that you treat our space with the same respect you would show your own. We travel often and have help managing guest services for our home while we are away.
Our home has an electronic lock or lockbox located on or near the entrance.
You will have full access to the house and property during your stay - including a small front patio where you can sit if the weather is nice!
Our home is professionally managed by Pillow, a property management service who specializes in short term rentals like Airbnb and VRBO. All key exchanges, cleaning, payments and maintenance will be handled by Pillow who is available 24 hours per day.
Ballard is one of the hottest neighborhoods in Seattle - and our house is within walking distance to everything!
Favorite spots in the area:
1) Cafe Besalu - Excellent french pastries, 8 minute walk. Try the Ginger Biscuit - it is heaven.
2) Honore Bakery - More ethereal french pastries and fantastic Lighthouse coffee. 15 minute walk. Although we would encourage you to order anything here, favorites are the ham & cheese croissant, plain croissant with jam, or a slice of quiche.
3) Cafe Munir - small neighborhood Lebanese restaurant with incredible food. Mostly small plates perfect for sharing. Call ahead to make a reservation, as it can be a busy place most nights.
4) Stoneburner - 15 minute walk - newer restaurant with solid cocktails, pizzas, charcuterie plates and fantastic farm fresh veggie dishes.
5) Walrus & Carpenter - 20 minute walk. Some of the best seafood in Seattle and recognized by Frank Bruni of the NYT! Always a wait, we recommend hanging out next door at Barnacle Bar - also phenomenal.
6) Ocho - 15 minute walk - Spanish tapas bar with great cocktails. A tiny but romantic spot, perfect for a first stop on an evening out in Ballard.
7) Olaf's - closest to the house (5 minute walk), a very comfortable local bar with a phenomenal rotating tap list (especially if you love IPAs). The menu is comfort food, but great quality using local ingredients. Our favorites are the Olaf's Burger & the Firecracker Chicken Sandwich. With tots, of course!
We are two blocks from the metro (bus) stop for Route 18 (commuter bus to downtown Seattle) or Route 40 (good tourist ride, as it takes you through Fremont which has some cute stores/restaurants and then on to downtown Seattle). We also live in a great neighborhood for biking, it's a 10 minute ride to the Burke Gilman Trail which is a great paved trail network that connects 60+ miles of bike trails.
Other Things to Note
We have basic cable with HBO as well as Chromecast and a Roku hooked up to the TV so that you can watch Netflix (through our account) or stream content from your own device to the Chromecast. There is one flat screen TV located in the living room.
We also have a bluetooth stereo in the living room (a Wren speaker, great quality) so you can stream right from your phone to the speaker to play your own music.
The Pillow team will be available for assistance via email.
Before and during your stay, you will have access to our mobile-friendly guest site that contains check-in instructions, access instructions, amenity details, FAQs, and a reporting tool for maintenance requests.
The codes needed to enter the property are available 48 hours prior to check-in in our online guest site.
Thank you in advance for respecting our house rules, they are very important to us. Please keep a reasonable volume so as to not disturb our neighbors, and do not invite other guests or have parties. We would appreciate it if you wash any dishes you use during your stay. Please leave the house in the same condition you found it as when you first arrived. You will be staying at a Pillow Homes approved property and guests are required to follow the Pillow rules and terms.
Check In/Out Dates
Available, but Not Arrival Date